We're in the throes of summer - which means lots of parties, bbqs, patios and cottage weekends. It also means, lots of events where alcohol is free-flowing. I've learned over the years that while it's fun to have a drink every now and then, its way more fun to feel fresh and alert the next day.
I find my friends are often of the same mind set as me and are cutting alcohol consumption and replacing boozie bevies with other refreshing drinks more often.
I've started experimenting with some mocktail recipes and aim to have a drink at my summer hang outs that suit both those who like it spiked and those who prefer a virgin. Having a fun drink for everyone, regardless of their preferences, shows you're an attentive host and it's just a thoughtful touch for any party.
So today I'm sharing a true crowd pleaser - A Virgin Summer Sangria that is perfect for any party guest, of any age.
Non- Alcoholic Summer SangriaPreparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
1 orange, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, sliced
1 can of frozen berry punch (or 1 cup of pomegranate juice)
1 cup of orange juice
Club soda or Sparkling water
1) In a large glass pitcher, add all the sliced fruit. You can also add additional fruits like pineapple cubes, strawberries and grapes.
2) Add lime juice, orange juice and frozen berry punch to the pitcher.
3) Refrigerate for an hour and a half.
4) Just before serving, add ice to the glasses and fill them half way with the sangria juice mix, then top each glass with Club Soda.
5) Add some fruit slices to each glass for garnish and enjoy this light and refreshing mocktail.
By reserving the sparkling water to top each glass, each guest can decide how sweet they'd like their drink. For a sweeter mocktail, add more juice and less soda and for a lighter version, add more soda.
Kick back and enjoy this outdoors and at any party all summer long.
Post a Comment