So I FINALLY used my Vitamix blender for what I bought it for today and the results were awesome! I made a fresh, homemade RAW hot soup at home in ten minutes. Don't have a fancy blender?
You can still blend up a quick soup just like this in no time!
On the weekend, roast up some butternut squash and keep it in the fridge in a sealed container. Then, on a night you are too tired to really cook, peel the skin off half an onion, chop an apple (cored) and put them in a blender with about 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth. Blend it until it liquifies and then add your reserved roasted butternut squash, some fresh or dried rosemary and 2 cups more of the stock of your choice. Blend away before transferring to a pot to heat through and finish with salt and pepper and a little milk or coconut milk(if you're vegan). Dinner will be ready in half the time because you didn't chop your onion or squash and you didn't have to wait for it to cook on the stove.
Serve it with some bread or salad and it's perfect for a cold winter weeknight.
How to roast your butternut squash:
1) using a few passes of a sharp knife (be careful) slice your squash in half lengthwise
2) using a spoon or a serated knife, remove the seeds from the squash
3)pierce the outer skin of the squash with a fork a few times (both halves)
4) place them flesh facing down on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper
5) allow the squash to roast in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes
6) when they are done the squash flesh will be a bright orange colour
7) allow it to cool a bit and then use a spoon to scoop out the roasted flesh of the butternut squash
8) reserve in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days and use it in a soup or other dishes